© Nafplia Palace, All Rights Reserved.
The workshop will be held in Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas.
Sat high upon the Bronze Age acropolis of Akronafplia with breathtaking views across the Bay of Argolis and the old town of Nafplio below, is perched the magnificent Nafplia Palace Hotel. This luxurious complex offers a wonderful opportunity for an historical and memorable event.
A limited number of discounted rooms is available. The hotel accepts reservation subject to availability on a first-come first-served basis.
Cut-off date: March 31, 2016 . After that date, all rooms will be subject to availability.
Discounted Room Rates are as follows:
EUR 150 (~USD 170)
EUR 160 (~USD 180)
EUR 230 (~USD 260)
EUR 255 (~USD 285)
All rooms have Sea View. The above rates include American breakfast, and all taxes and services.
The above rates are valid for a minimum of 3 overnights and only for the dates 15-18/05/2016.
For these prices to apply, reservations must be made by March 31, 2016.
Contact directly Nafplia Luxury Hotels Reservations department
Email: email@example.com (mention: "IEEE Congress")
Tel: +30 27520 70800 // Fax: +30 27520 28783
Contact person: Ms. Eliza Perdikari
ANNOUNCEMENT - Shuttle Service
A shuttle service will be provided for CTW 2016 participants as follows:
1) A coach bus will leave the airport at 6pm on Sunday, May the 15th. Passengers on flights arriving by 5:00pm, even those with (non-carry-on) luggage should be able to use it. The bus will arrive at the venue at around 8:30pm.
2) A coach bus will leave the venue at 12:15pm on Wednesday, May the 18th and will be at the airport at around 2:45pm
Anyone interested in reserving a seat in either of the two buses should send a mail to our local arrangements chair, Stavros Toumpis (firstname.lastname@example.org) providing the following information:
1) Which of the two (or both buses) you would like to reserve
2) How many people are in your party
3) Your email address, where payment info will be sent by the company operating the coaches
4) The address you would like mentioned in the receipt you will receive.
* The *firm* deadline for booking a shuttle is April 22nd.
* The cost for using the shuttle is 40 euros *per direction*. This price includes all taxes, tolls, etc. You will receive the receipt by email.
* Due to speed regulations for coaches, the expected duration of the trip will be 2:30 hours.
* Passengers arriving after 3pm on May the 15th will find a person from the bus service waiting for them at the arrivals area. Passengers arriving before 3pm can meet that person at the arrivals area at 3pm.
* If you have any questions, feel free to contact our local arrangements chair, Stavros Toumpis (email@example.com)
* If you are scheduled to arrive after 5pm *on Sunday*, please inform Stavros Toumpis.
Traveling to Nafplio
Naflio is approximately 140 kilometers (90 miles) to the southwest of Athens, located on the eastern coast of the Peloponnese peninsula. You must travel to it by road (as there is no train or boat connection), but the quality of the road is overall excellent.
The following options for traveling to Naflio are available. In all cases, we give directions for the trip from the Athens International Airport ("Eleftherios Venizelos") to the hotel. The same directions apply, mutatis mutandis, when traveling back from the hotel to the airport.
To facilitate the grouping of travelers interested in options 1 and 2, we encourage you to fill out the following online form.
1. Take a Taxi
Taxis can be reserved by calling or sending a mail to the hotel reception
(Tel: +30 27520 70 800), at least a week in advance. When arriving, the taxi driver will await you and your party at the arrivals area, and will drive you to the hotel. When leaving the hotel, the driver will pick you up from the hotel lobby and drop you off at the airport. The cost is approximately 210 euros one-way (this may vary a little due to variations in the cost of fuel). Toll costs, tax, and all other charges are included in this price. This is a one-way fare, and covers up to 4 persons and 4 pieces of luggage. In case the taxi is shared, the driver can provide separate receipts (let him/her know in advance). The travel time is around 90-120 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. The hotel cannot make arrangements for grouping travelers that arrive with the same flight. In case you would like to reserve a taxi without involving the hotel, you can find a few links at the end of this page.
2. Rent a Car
A variety of car rental options are available at the Athens airport, as all major international car rental agencies have offices there. Note that travel to Nafplio is straightforward (crucially, travel is only on highways, until you arrive at Nafplio, and does not involve navigating the streets of Athens) therefore renting a car is a safe option. (If you cannot drive a stick shift, do let the car rental company know when you book.) The cost strongly depends on the choice of car, but if you rent one of the more affordable cars for 5 days, the cost should be comparable to taking a taxi to and from the airport. The travel time is around 90-120 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
Directions (as posted on the hotel webpage)
From Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos" - Follow "Attiki Odos", direction Elefsina. Then follow the National Road to Korinthos and then to Tripolis. 2km after the "Spathovouni" Toll-Post you will reach the "Ancient Nemea / Nafplio" Interchange, where you have to exit the National Road and follow the signs to Nafplio. The "Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas" is located within the ancient fortress of Akronafplia, just above the old town of Nafplio.
3. Take a shuttle/van
Depending on the number of workshop participants interested in this option and their travel arrangements, shuttles/vans may be available. If you are interested in this option, send a mail to the local arrangements chair, Stavros Toumpis (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by March 31st (sharp deadline
) specifying the flight with which you will be arriving at the Athens airport and when you will be leaving Nafplio. The local arrangements chair will notify you, by April 15th at the latest, of whether a shuttle/van will be available, and when. The cost will be on the range of 20-40 euros per person, per way. The travel time is around 120 minutes, depending on traffic conditions, but there may be a delay (maximum of two hours) in order to group travelers who will be arriving with different flights.
4. Use the commuter train to Corinth
In short: take the train to Corinth and then take a taxi to Nafplio.
In more detail:
- When arriving at the airport, take the Athens Suburban Railway (that has a station at the airport) to Corinth, which is approximately two thirds of the way to Naflio. The train ticket will cost 12 euros. More pricing info can be found here. There is a train leaving the airport every 15 minutes. The timetable can be found here.
- Once in Corinth, take a taxi to the hotel. The taxi can be booked by calling or mailing the hotel reception. The details of Section 1 apply in this case as well. In particular, we recommend that you reserve the taxi at least a week in advance. (If you call the hotel from the airport, the hotel staff may not be able to assist you.) However, the cost will be approximately 90 euros per way, for up to 4 persons and 4 luggage pieces.
Total travel time is approximately 2-3 hours. We do not recommend this arrangement as it involves two legs.
5. Take the bus
In short: take the bus to the Athens Kifissos Bus Station, and then take the bus to Nafplio.
In more detail:
We do not recommend this arrangement as it involves two legs, and will take a significant amount of time (around 4 hours).
- Once you at the airport, take the X93 bus to the Kifissos Bus Station (the major bus station for inter-city buses in the Athens metropolitan area). Buses depart every 30 minutes, and the one-way ticket is 5 euros. You can find more information on the prices here.
- Once at the Kifissos Bus Station, take the bus to Nafplio. There is one bus leaving approximately every 90 minutes. The one-way ticket costs 14.30 euros, and the return ticket costs 23 euros. You can find the schedules here. You can find more information on the prices here.
- Once you arrive at the Nafplio bus terminal, hail a taxi to the hotel. The distance is approximately 500 meters, and the cost should be on the order of 5 euros.
Athens International Airport
Traveling to and from the airport
Athens Suburban Railway
Visit Greece, Naflio: handy and brief webpage on Nafplio
Greek taxi services: Taxibeat, Radio Taxi Kosmos, Radio Taxi Enotita, Athens Taxi Driver, Kounoupiotis Taxi
If you have questions, feel free to contact the Local Arrangements Chair, Stavros Toumpis, at email@example.com
. Please also contact Stavros if you spotted an inaccuracy in any information given in this webpage.